1. We do not accept simultaneous submissions. We did for a long time (8 years!) because we did not want your work to hang out in limbo while it took us up to 4 months or more to review your submission. Now that we have monthly issues, we accept/reject very quickly. If you cannot wait a month to hear back on your work, do not submit it.
2. Previously published work is ok, as long as you tell us where and when it was published and the previous publisher is ok with it.
3. Please, please, please make your bio interesting. This is NOT a list of your prior publications. This is about you and your work. Trust us, people will be way more interested in your work if your personality shows through. Have a look at some of the existing Author Bios for inspiration if needed.
4. If we are already considering some work of yours, please do not resubmit until you hear from us. We avoid publishing the same authors in consecutive issues to keep things fresh and give everyone a chance. If you submit your work too much, you're just lowering the chances that it will be selected. If you've appeared in the last two issues, take a break and try submitting to some other great publications for a while.
5. Currently, the only payment for being published in Red Fez is in notoriety. Someday we hope to make enough money to pay editors and writers - we're working on it - but until then, we hope you appreciate that this is a volunteer, non-profit venture in service of writers and artists seeking a venue for publication.
6. Authors retain all rights to their work, but by submitting to Red Fez grant us the right to publish and retain it online for a period of 6 months after initial publication. Authors may contact us to have their work removed (if they wish) after this period, although we sincerely hope they will appreciate the communal and cooperative benefits (both for them and the writing community) of Red Fez being able to store and interconnect a wide variety of work in all genres.
We hate to be hardasses, so please make it easy for us. Thanks for considering The Red Fez! - the Editorial Team